Sunday, October 23, 2005

After Disaster Recovery Drill

Yesterday (Sat), we began our DR Drill at 9am. Alex and myself have managed to complete all data restoration at 3.30pm. A new record! The bosses are so happy that they planned for dinner + pub in the evening. Unforunately, some testing encountered problem and the dinner was delayed to 8.30pm, a lot of them decided to go home or just attend dinner. We have only 8 of us (includeing 2 bosses) going for the drink. Actually, I found that, after a drink or two, the bosses are still human. In the day, when they are in control, they did things we don;t like. But they actually also needed company, they are sometime lonely too. At least that is what I felt a few hours ago with them. After some drink, they do talk normally (unlike the usual way of boss and subordinate) which I do appreciate. If they can continue doing that, I believe they will earn themselve more friends and support from the staff. Keep it up, bosses.

4 comments:

Ruth Tam said...

They are learning too. Do give them feedback and support. You need to manage them too.

Sunshine said...

Yeah! Thanks, may be I will be a boss one day too. Hee Hee.

Ruth Tam said...

Of course, if you want to. I don't want to go into management though. Luckily, in my company, there are 2 career paths, sales and management. I will definitely choose the sales paths.

Sunshine said...

I only have technical or management. If on technical, I only have 1 more step, management will hv much more opportunity. Sigh... But human management is never my forte. I am contented with what i have, what i do and what i need now.