Thursday, December 29, 2005

Review : Gifts of the year


It seems that a lot of fellow blogger are doing 2005 review of resolutions.
As 2005 is definately a very devastating year for me, I will not review my resolutions, instead I will review the gifts I received, because they means a lot to me. Not the value but the understanding and listening they showed.

1) It is not in the photo, it is a powerpoint slides tailor-make to give me encouragement. A show of Care.
2) A cocktail book, it is also not in the photo too as it is a big book. It shows me the power of listening. A mere hour of talk, if you really listen, you can really see a person.
3) A bible. It is about sharing. I am not into religion but I am glad of the gesture shown for sharing something about faith.
4) A cocktail shaker. This is a about trust. This gift shows that he knows me and he trust me that I am in control.
5) An engraved pen. This is from a Christmas Gift Exchange session. I have written 2 choices. Instead of going for the easy way out by granting my easy wish, a lot of effort is putting into getting the pen engraved as I wish. It is a show of friendship.

I am counting my blessing daily and I am at peace with myself and others. I appreciate all kindness rendered on me and will promise to do so to others too. That will be my new year resolution.

4 comments:

Garfield said...

"A person's lifespan might be short but he could make it meaningful and interesting through his passion about things and people around him."


I belive you can do it. =)

Sunshine said...

Thanks, Corinne.
You have always been my strongest supporter. Thanks for all you have done.
:-)

Garfield said...

welcome. at least you listen but AC is incorrigible =(

Ruth Tam said...

I always got a lot of gifts and I give out a lot of gifts. I like it this way.