Friday, December 30, 2005

A cocktail session

Today, Totoro visited. We are both clearing leaves.
We have a cocktail session after lunch at my home.


See our spread. Hahaha, the beauty of cocktail is mixing to create. So, different kinds of drink are needed.


This is 'Singapore Sling'


This is 'Long Island Tea', but Silver Tequila is replaced by brandy as I am short of Silver Tequila (Gold Taquila is easily available in shops but not Silver Taquila). The taste is just not right with the replacement.


This is 'Last Goodbye', this one tastes the best so far.


This is 'Gin Tonic'. One of the standard housepours.


This is 'Prinaha'.

There go my afternoon on leave. I did my housecleaning in the morning. Haha, seems like spring cleaning for the new year.

8 comments:

Garfield said...

maybe Eden and all of us can come to your home for cocktail party =)

Sunshine said...

Sure. Most welcome.
:-)

Hyacinthus said...

May health, happiness and good times greet you each day of the new year.

Sunshine said...

Thanks, hyacinthus.
You too.
Your words are important to me to face another year, another day.

With such encouragimg words, give me the courage to take on another day, another year.

Happy new year to all blog visitors. May all of you fare well too in the new year.

Ruth Tam said...

I did take a few lessons in bartending. Quite enjoyed it.

Carrie said...

The 'Long Island Tea' looks like coke.

Hehee...talking about 'Long Island Tea', I think of an incident. I seldom drink alcoholic stuff in pub...(drink iced tea most of the time, only a heineken occasionally). So there was once I made my order of iced tea, and my friend kept on telling the guy that what I want is 'Long Island Tea'.

So the guy looks puzzled when he kept on hearing "Iced Tea" 'Long Island Tea' "Iced Tea" 'Long Island Tea'...

Of coz, my 可憐 look won his trust finally. Hehee.

totoro said...

"酒逢知己千杯少"

It was a good day for drinking ;)

Yep, brandy is too overpowering as a substitute for silver tequila. Make the Long Island Tea look darker in color and add a distinctive taste of "brandy"...

Fancy alcoholic coffee?

- 1 1/2 measure Baileys Irish Cream
- 3/4 cup black coffee
- fine sugar to taste
- lightly whipped cream

Sunshine said...

Yeah, I got gold Tequila now. Let us try again one day.

Yet to get the creamy types, like Irish Cream, Tia Maria and Kalua.

:-)