Monday, December 05, 2005

The flight to New York


Second visit to New York this year. Not much changes, but it is very much colder now and snow can be seen and the sky goes dark very very early.

The flight tooks arounnd 19 hrs in total, excluding 2 hrs transit waiting in Tokyo.

I watched 3 movies on the flight other than eating, sleeping and playing with my laptop.
1) Fanastic 4
2) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
3) Cindrella Man

I quoted from 'Fanastic 4'
Alicia (blind girl) told 'the Thing', 'being different is often not a bad thing'.
I wanted to believe that.

I quoted from 'Charlie and Chocolate Factory'
Willie Wonka asked Charlie, 'What make you feel better when you feel terrible?'
Charlie answered 'Family.'
There isn't a better answer, is there?

I quoted from 'Cindrella Man'
Jim tell the press, 'I know what I am fighting for now... Milk'
Milk symbolise the need of the family, so simple, straight forward and powerful.

I will be going to work in 12 hrs time.
Time to rest to adjust myself from any possible jet lag.

6 comments:

Eden said...

Glad to know you had safely arrive. Rest well for a good start !

Garfield said...

hehe.. when are you going to california?

Hyacinthus said...

o. you start your NY trip already lar? so quick. Yup read news today it was a light snowing these few days but I can still see some dressing short t-shirt via your pics.

anyway, enjoy the trip and don't forget to bring us some sharing :)

Sunshine said...

hee hee.
I cut photo from the web.
I am afraid my camera will freeze, so I did not take it out from my bag.

Ruth Tam said...

I wish I could understand when people talk about family being warm and safe place.

chipmunk said...

19 hours?!? Gosh, you're good! But, I guess you're a season traveller by now. :)