Saturday, September 17, 2005

Shocking and Sad Office Incident

I have a few colleagues whom I considered friends. They are friends because they care about me, not only my work (which differentiates them from collegues). Of them, there is a newly joined girl which we shared a lot of similar interests and views (such as we support the same superstar, we like to read Chinese books and play table tennis), naturally, we chatted more with one another.

For the last 2 weeks, she is on course. Still, we SMS each other to keep in contact and arrange time for table tennis. Sadly, I have a feeling something is wrong on last Friday, the tone of her SMS has been distanced. Today, I found out that there is rumor about us. I wonder who is the big mouth who say that. It is not funny, not funny at all.

I am a man on separation with a near 3 year old son and I am 9 years older than she is. Moreover, she have a boyfriend. Obviously, this is going to hurt us and damage our friendship.

I SMS her telling her that rumor does not affect the wise (it is a Chinese saying), I hope it does not affect our friendship. I think we have a agreement, but we shall be careful to avoid being hurt again.

This incident is really shocking and sad, and it happens in our office. Sigh....
Next Month, I am going to a musical 'Peter Pan' with another colleagues, also a lady. Will rumor spread again? Are there really no friendship between opposite gender? The person who say that must be very childish, and even if he meant as a joke, it is not funny.

I am just a person who want some friends who care and share with me. I treasure my friends, and this incident is not going to cost me. I swear.

I played very well today, winning 9 set straight of the table tennis. :-)
Let me improve my back-hand, I will be more complete in covering all areas.

It is going to be late.... may all my friends have sweet dreams....

Tomorrow will be another day, let all hatred be forgotton and everyday filled with hope.

No comments: