Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Run out of Patience

For a colleague,
Thanks for working with us for the last few years. It is indeed unfortunate that during recent outsourcing exercise, you are transferred out to the vendor and under their payroll.

But in recent project activity, you are too far focusing on your project and to neglect our current on-going project. I know you are busy and answering to your boss (our vendor) now instead of me (the customer). But, you can't just tell me you are busy that cannot even spare a few minutes of your time (not even later or any specific time the next day!) , that is just far too much! Our project is not of lowest priority! I have enough, your boss and team leader has felt my fustration now and I am grateful to them stepping in and so I will be going through them to get you to work, since you do not seems to able to time manage and set project priority yourself. It seems that you like to be told what to do and not able to plan, and obviously having difficulty to multi-task, then I have no choice by to treat you like you are. I have given a lot of freedom to you on this project but it seems that it does not help, so I have to tighten and give specific instruction now, and to your superior.

I have no choice, my patience and the emotional bank is now empty.

I hope you can see the points, and
1) Improve your ability to multi-task
2) Do your task on time
3) Enhance your time management skill
4) Keep your team member updated, do not wait until you are asked.
5) Pick up more speed

You are really good as a friend, as you are polite, helpful and lent a listening ear. But work is still work, and target has to be made.

I am sorry to have to reach such stage, may be, I am impatience, aggressive. I will think about that in the next few days, while I cool down my fustration in this project.

Lastly, take care, you have work hard during the past weeks on your project, and now that it is implemented, I wish you have a better time working here with me and the others in the department, and of course hopefully, your attention is back into this project.

No comments: