Monday, June 12, 2006

Lego World





Lego is my favourite toy more than 2 decades ago. My father is very strict and I am seldom allow to play with friends during my childhood. So, instead I enhance my creativity by building items with Lego. I am still remember a lot of things I built with Lego duriung then, such as spaceship, weapons, etc.
There is once that my father promised that he will give me a set of Lego by my choice if I managed to be the top 3 in class that year, which is primary 2. I got it, but he did not buy the box I choose which is a Lego Castle, instead I bought a box of basic set. I am extremely disappointed, ( that is why I never forget that incident) I will remind myself not to make promise easily, and also keep any promise I made.


During last weekend, we visited the Lego World just at the in Raffles City. The theme is soccer and Pirate. They are all very nice. The irony is that when I want, I could not affort it myself. When I can affort it, I do not want it anymore. But at least, I can get it for those who needed. Russell, Lego is meant to built creatively, not to stack up like you did, sigh..., it look like the monument for remembering the brave soldiers protecting us during second world war, is that what you are thinking?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

"The irony is that when I want, I could not affort it myself. When I can affort it, I do not want it anymore. "

Same thought that I have in recent years!

Ruth Tam said...

I wrote about the irony in one of my postings too. Life is full of mis-match.