Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Mixed Feeling Yesterday

Yesterday, some dumb users deleted production data, thinking they are at test environment, and yet they can yell saying the test environment did not have a BIG word saying it is test environment.
If a test environment does not match the production environment, then can it still be a test environment? Why blame it on the IT team? then, they can call and yell, 'Hey, I have been waiting! when do you finish restoring the data? I still have work to do!'.
I returned my 'fire' for the following Legal Reasons.
1st) Restoration Request not raised
2nd) So, it is not approved
3rd) depend on whether the tape is offsite, we may have to get them back
4th) According to Our service level agreement, restoration will be done in 2 days.
Although, in the end, I still help them restore the data in 4 hrs. What I hated it so much, is that you have work, so am I! And their dumb action caused me to waste my previous time and disrupted my work and yet they can yell.
I am so angry, but when I think twice, why angry, it only hurt myself, cool down and be happy. Yeah, I choose to be happy everyday, right?

Due to this dirty work, I missed a birthday celebration session in the office. What warm my heart is that my colleagues do care.
1) My neighbour colleague 'P' bring me nuts and nogart
2) My Project partner 'KH' brought me cake, knowing that I miss it because of his users.
3) My far away colleage 'C' reserved pancake and drinks for me.
They make my day.
I am a person who will remember who is kind to me and if I can, I will return the favour and more whenever I can.
I also learn to release myself from anger, because anger will bring us down and the people you dislike does not even feel it or feel bad about your feeling.

Yes, I choose to be happy everyday.

3 comments:

Garfield said...

hehe.. luckily i am the stupid user you mention in the blog.

Carrie said...

so nice that gd people are around u.

Ruth Tam said...

Good you have nice colleagues around you.