Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My career path

Today, I received my appraisal result.
Get a good bonus (better than last year), but my promotion is turn down by the highest management. Although my performance grade is higher than the previous 3 years, it is not enough to convince for promotion. I will have to get another high grade this year for consistency for achieve it next year.

I am not very disappointed, may be I did not put in high hope in the first place. If I am looking for money and position, I will have left 3 years ago. I stayed for the still small office environment and acceptable salary.

Now, my new post (Senior Analyst) is directly under the Deputy CIO, who is not too technical. I hope I can do my work with my freedom .

Although it is very tough working under the previous technical manager, I did learn a lot. May be I still have not achieve her high expection, I do appreciate her guidance for this few years. Recently, I saw her brokedown. In her new role, she have lost all her engineers, and the new vendors is not up to the standard to handle things themselve without consulting her. She is totally overloaded to the point of breaking down. I hope she can fare well in her new role.

3 comments:

San Wen Ji said...

別人的高要求,永遠對我們都是一件好事。不過不是人人都懂欣賞。

Hyacinthus said...

hope you can adopt your new role and position very soon. Titled as a senior analyst is a bit confusing in IT field and your responsibility, may more precise title can help you sharp your role and duty better.

Even so title is just a title and name is just a name here.

梁巔巔 said...

^^

Buddy, take care.