Thursday, January 26, 2006

Movie : Memoirs of a Geisha


After last Wednesday's 'Elizabethtown', I choose to see 'Memoirs of a Geisha' with my friend. Before the show, we have a wonderful dinner at Yuki@Yaki, it is a buffet dinner with Japanese Steamboat and BBQ, the interesting part is the customer self-make Ice-Cream. Too bad, I did not take any photo. The dinner is to celebrate my friend's fat bonus and her coming birthday. Back to the movie, it is beautifully shooted and having a engrossing story. It is rather special, especially focusing on the war between the few women in the movie (With the Second World War in the Background). I have never really understand women, perhaps never will, it is interesting to see how commited to love, hated and revenge. Pumpkin in the movie executed the most surprised move, taking her revenge at the most crucial time while all the while claim that all is forgiven, she is even most sinsister than her big sister (by Gong Li). Fearful women.

1 comment:

Ruth Tam said...

How are you doing? I do read your blog often. I post something everyday.