Sunday, January 17, 2010

Before changes, where have I been?

hmm... how to start...
Break into sections then...

Work
I quit my government job and joined retail industry. (Nope, I am not selling stuff now, I am still working on IT projects, just the company is a major retail company) Leaving a company after 8.5 years is hard, but it seems it is going nowhere and lack support from management, might as well...

Afterwork
I am addicted to the online game 'World of Warcraft' for the pass 3 years. One of the main reasons that I stopped writing. I found comfort in the guild, the camaraderie between us guildies make us like a community. Irregardless whether you are from Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia or US. 3-5 nights a weeks, we logged online and we take on challenges head on. The road is uneven, the guild nearly fall apart, but we held on, overcome it and continue. And I have always participated in the first kills of every main encounter since late 2007. Soon, I am promoted to officer in the guild and take on more responsibilities. However, after 3 years of it. I felt tired, although the content keeps changing to keep us fresh, I felt I need to move on.... The game should be for fun and not work it like a job. (As a officer, it is almost a given to participate in every activity.)
To think of it, during that 3 years. It is like no move TVs, less reading, less exercise and many things else. Yes, I found comfort, excitement and belong in the game community, but it is still rather virtual, it can be better.
虚拟的世界是用来休息的,不是用来逃避的.

Family
After the divorce, I have been spending time with my son every Sunday..... Until his mum have to move to China, Shanghai to be exact due to her company moving the regional headquarter from Singapore to Shanghai. While I can still see him on screen, using skype or yahoo messager.... I could not longer hold him close and feel his warmth anymore...............
Other than, everyone is healthy, that is something to be glad of.

Health
As I aged, even the army do not require me to perform reservist duty. Offically MR (Mindef reserve) 2 years ago, and due to excessive finger sport (online), I putted on weight. No illness, but not really healthy too.

Everything is kind of routine for the last 3 years, although I still have some fun once in a while, such as attending musicals, watching movies and other standard stuffs. Until recently, in Dec 09 to be exact, I started to feel wanting a change, life can be better...

No comments: