Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Job & Career

Although I am promised that another promotion application will be submitted this year, I am also told of another important matter.

As Government is centralizing a lot of functions, such as Human Resource, Finance and accounting, for all agencies. Standard Operating Environment (SOE) is for IT centralizing under IDA. The new chairman has decided to push for the earliest opportunity to go on it. Our boss have hinted that our jobs and career will be very uncertain, most likely obsolete. Keeping our open now will be a wise idea. I am grateful for the hint, and certainly I have seen the effect on us clearly.

Well, yeah, just keep a look out, for what I can now. And most importantly, I told myself, do not worry about the current work so much, because job today may not be the same as tomorrow anymore.

2 comments:

San Wen Ji said...

same situation here...

yes ar...need to learn to enjoy life...job is part of life :)

Hyacinthus said...

life keeps changing and we never know till it happens. quite often the result would be out of our expectation though we are well in plan or being prepared ahead.

anyway learn to be "normal heart" to confront the change. sometimes change gives you a unexpected surprise, add oil...