Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A special day


You may think I mean the Valentine Day? No, I do not mean it. It has lost its meaning to me since last year, may be meaning will come again, we shall see.

The special day is today, the day that I am fully leaving the Singapore Arm Forces, in short, the army.

14 Years ago, I have serve the nation for 2 years and 5 months as a Infantry Commander, and after that, serving from days to weeks every year (except 1996 when I study in England). Today, it is the special day for my parade to post to the Reserve, which means the Army will not look for me unless there is a real war.

Well, that means I am too old for the army?

In the life as a soldier serving the nation, there are blood, tear and sweat (mostly), but there are joy too, and the bonding of comrades and companionship through the hard days. Today, it come to the end, and they will continue to live in my memory.

When Russell grows, I will ask him to embrace the duty, and not to avoid it. It is also a way to turn a boy to a man, and the way to be more brave, discipline and independant.

Without the army, there will be no one protect us, the small little red dot on the map.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wish your meaning of V-day will come again. =)

Wish you happy everyday. Good to share this spcial day with you.

梁巔巔 said...

Buddy, hope you can find your true love very soon.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hyacinthus said...

Sunshine, wish you a Happy Valentin's Day. Just like what me mentioned, it's still happy even we are alone. :)

totoro said...

I am longing for the same day to come, hope it will be soon. Ouch ,my back is aching again;P

Think pple like us who go through such military training, yearn for peace and know the value of freedom.

Eden said...

congrats sunshine !